Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Primordial Soup to Goop


By definition Primordial Soup is a mixture of organic molecules in evolutionary theory from which life on earth originated. OK..I can buy that, I wage no arguments on things that are impossible for me, let alone mankind to scientifically explain. Shit, most of who we are and our meaning here is based on suggestion and example of consequence.

But just the other morning, in my partially inebriated state of conciseness, I let the water fountain down upon me from the shower head; a common morning ritual before I yet again become a slave to a paycheck, and I began to think. My thoughts ran queries between each neuron, interrogating the reason why we saturate our bone, flesh and follicle with these manufactured chemical compounds.

I'm sure these pharmaceutical corporations have our best interest in mind when developing these ideas from formula to the production. And yes even though my view on this may sound radical, I am an advent consumer. Naturally (not really?!?) I too, permeate the daily "funk" my carbon body exhausts day to day. But how much is too much? I mean use (1)dandruff shampoo a few days a week, (1a)shampoo and (2)conditioner on my hair the rest, I use a (3)body wash or (3a)bar soap to cleanse everything from the neck down. Then some kind of (4)facial cleanser, whether it be some sort of exfoliating skin wash or a pore scraping wet piece of sandpaper being that I refuse to use the same soap I used to wash my "can" and "stick pits" on my face. Then after seeing my face glowing from shredding of a slight layer of my epidermis, I dry and start part of my internal cleansing. As I hope most of you reading this do, I brush my teeth twice an day, three times when I have been drinking all night and inhaled a good half a pack of smokes and maybe some recreational shrubbery. I then start brushing with (5) toothpaste. Not just any old enamel scrubbing paste; it's gotta be "teeth-whitening, tartar controlling, gingivitis-fighting, mint flavored toothpaste for sensitive teeth" ..or nothing at ALL! he he

After that, most people including me then use some sort of caustic fluid to kill the rotten throat stench that lingered from a night of snoring and breathing in "WHO KNOWS" what types of bacteria. This lovely gargle juice is what we call (6) mouth wash. Then, as a man, I go and grab the stick of (7) anti-perspirant/deodorant and mash a small layer of that scented animal fat into the "stink pits". I then (while I still have it) go and add some glue-ish substance to my hair for style, which is coined as (8) gel or mousse. And if on a "special day" splash my skin with some (9) cologne or "body spray".

I mean, am I crazy? Am I the only one covering myself like this each and everyday? Yes, there are many days my time is limited and I only partake in the essentials. How much more goop are we going to douse our bodies with? And they are even more I have excluded.

Shaving cream
aftershave
hand lotion
waterless hand sanitizer
lotion for razor bumps (mostly for the bruthas)
body powder
foot powder
bacitracin
lip balm....and I could continue!

And just imagine if you were a WOMAN! If you pressed your face against a clean piece of glass and viewed what was left behind under a microscope....how much junk would be swimming around?

I won't even comment on permanent make-up and plastic surgery! I may be niave, but due to the current economic climate and affordable gas prices, each family should be spending their money on filling 55 gallon drums of gasoline, canned food, buying bottled water and bullets!

1 comment:

Idlewire said...

hahahaha... recreational shrubbery. i like that.

i feel like taking a shower now. i feel like a greased pig with a cool hair doo....