Monday, November 3, 2008

The Twin Towers Alliance

REBUILD!
I have been a long time admirer of the vision of architect Minoru Yamasaki whose design constructed those monolithic structures that once pierced our NYC skyline.

Like most of you, I was fixed to the TV on that calamitous day that will forever etch itself in history...yes...9-11-2001. I guess because I love New York City, the Twin Towers, drinking 40's in the village, skating in Washington Square, marching in rallies to Central Park is why I am affected even 7 years later. I still am mournful when I drive remotely close enough to see where the two giants once trumped the rest of the buildings in Manhattan and neighboring cities. I feel like they are somehow connected to me. Though structural construction began between 1966 and 1973, and me being born in 1972 (yeah, just dated myself there boy!)I did not know of their existence until I was around 8 years old, years later I was most drawn by their magnificence. Standing at 110 stories which calculates to 1368 feet tall painted me a phenomenal image I would always reflect on.

Since that infamous day, I have always believed the Twin Towers should be rebuilt in portrayal of the original towers that fell, but stronger, greener, and maybe even taller to show America's omnificence. Show those who stand against us, that we will not stay down and we will not be defeated. If you feel as I do, register and sign the petition to help rebuild The Twin Towers. At my last check there are only 6388 signatures including mine, let's help break 10,000 and continue on to see that we, the people, still have the power.

The Twin Towers Alliance

Petition to rebuild The Twin Towers

No comments: